A full-time and permanent position based in Charlottetown, P.E.I. is available for a suitable Architectural candidate to join an innovative multi-disciplinary professional consulting firm, dedicated to delivering excellent service in the fields of Architecture, Interior Design, Engineering and Project Management.
Candidate should have a mature understanding of the following:
- Design and detailing of institutional, industrial, commercial and residential buildings;
- Renovation and new construction;
- Strong writing and oral communication skills.
- Experience in computer aided design applications in a Windows based environment including AutoCAD 2019, REVIT and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Knowledge of 3D modeling tools such as Sketch-up also considered an asset.
- Cost estimating and National Building Code application;
- Strong leader with excellent time management skills;
- Great interpersonal communication and organization skills;
- Minimum 5 years of post-graduate experience.
Must be self-starting with a desire and ability to work with minimal direction and take a leadership and support role as part of an interdisciplinary team. A basic understanding of contract law fundamentals, project management and contract administration practices, office and business management techniques is highly desired.
- Must hold a B. Arch., or M. Arch.
- Registered Architect with AAPEI (or eligible for AAPEI registration)
- Work with our senior team members, and the project teams to develop projects throughout all phases, from design to execution
- Lead or participate in presentations to clients, design/heritage boards, and other governing agencies
- Lead project consultant teams to ensure tight coordination of drawings;
- Lead or support various design components or project activities, spanning from early concept to completion;
- Direct and oversee the production of drawings and documentation, through the full design process or during a particular stage, ensuring completion in a timely and orderly manner and quality;
- Provide technical guidance and innovative solutions to complex design challenges;
- Support the development of accurate and complete specifications;
- Support in the Construction Administration of projects, including site visits, and related office documentation;
- Prepare code reviews and condition assessment reports;
A rewarding work environment, which fosters personal and career development, and competitive compensation, await appropriate candidates.
Coles Associates Ltd. is committed to developing the resources of businesses and institutions to create value and meet intensified business competition by providing solutions based on advanced technologies. We provide our services to a diverse clientele in Canada, U.S.A. and other international locations.
Applications by email only (in PDF format) can be forwarded to Coles Associates Ltd. at firstname.lastname@example.org